Resources and Research Infrastructure
The California HIV/AIDS Research Program sponsors development of the science and research dissemination. These include the following:
The AIDS Regional Information and Evaluation System (ARIES) is a custom, web-based, centralized HIV/AIDS client management system that provides a single point of entry for clients, allows for coordination of client services among providers, meets both federal and state care and treatment reporting requirements, and provides comprehensive data for program monitoring and scientific evaluations. More >>>
The Choice HIV website provides easily accessible information to assist prevention providers in planning education and prevention activities based on science.
A web-based community forum and resource clearinghouse to facilitate and stimulate HIV/AIDS translational and collaborative biomedical research in California with other HIV/AIDS researchers who can offer resources or expertise relevant to ongoing or potential research projects in biomedical research.
The Research Dissemination Project provides support for dissemination of research findings and resource materials.
The purposes of the California HIV Prevention Indicators Synthesis Project are to develop indicators for monitoring and assessing progress toward HIV prevention in California, and to compile and report on the associated data.
Basic Facts about HIV
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that can lead to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS, a condition in humans in which the immune system begins to fail, leading to life-threatening opportunistic infections). More >>>
- World AIDS News
- The Body Daily HIV/AIDS News
- Center for HIV Identification, Prevention and Treatment Services (CHIPTS)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Prevention Information Network
- HIV InSite
- AIDS Education and Training Centers
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- Clinical Care Options for HIV
- HIV Treatments, Tests and Side Effects
- International Training and Education Center
- VA National HIV/AIDS Program
- AIDS Images Library
- HIV Databases
- HIV Drug Resistance Database
- California State Office of AIDS
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention HIV Information