2010 Grant Opportunities at CHRP
CHRP is pleased to announce our grant opportunities for 2010. As was
the case in 2009, CHRP is soliciting applications for Innovative, Developmental,
Exploratory Awards (IDEAs) in Basic
Biomedical Sciences, Clinical
Sciences, and Social
and Behavorial Sciences. Applications are also sought for
Community Collaborative Research Awards in Social
and Behavorial Sciences, and Training Awards (Postdoctoral Fellowships
and Dissertation Awards) in the Basic
Biomedical Sciences. See the Call
for Applications [PDF] for detailed information.
The 2010 Call for Applications continues to reflect CHRP’s Strategic Planning Process, which was a joint effort between CHRP and its Advisory Council. This process provided CHRP with a strategic plan covering 2007-2012. As part of the Strategic Planning Process, a broad array of stakeholders was asked to provide input either through an online survey and/or attendance at Stakeholder Input Meetings held in the Bay Area.
CHRP will be hosting two informational webinars to briefly present the key features of the Call for Applications and answer questions from prospective applicants.
Important features of the application process and Key Dates are listed below and described in detail in the Call for Applications [PDF].
Key Features of the Application Process
- Letters of Intent (LOIs) are required for all award types; LOI
Instructions are posted on this web site, and are also available
at proposalCENTRAL. CHRP will review the LOIs for responsiveness to
the Call for Applications. (Also, the LOIs will serve to recruit qualified
- LOIs are submitted electronically over the internet; submission details are provided in the LOI Instructions documents. After review of the LOIs, applicants receive notification by email of acceptance of the LOI. Applicants with approved LOIs will then have access to the application submission pages at proposalCENTRAL. Application instructions will be available at proposalCENTRAL from the application pages, and will also be posted on the CHRP web site.
- June 1, 2010 - Release of the Call for Applications, Instructions for the submission of Letters of Intent posted
- June 24 & 28, 2010- Informational Webinars
- July 15, 2010 - Letters of Intent due before noon, Pacific Time
- September 10, 2010 - Applications due before noon, Pacific Time
- March 1, 2011 - Award Period Start Date